Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Hurumanu-Sun heat



Aim: To find out which color attracts the suns heat.


Hypothesis: I think that black attracts heat


Materials:


  1. white paper 
  2. white cup x2
  3.  tinfoil
  4.  garbage bag x2
  5.  water
  6. thermometer
  7. clear cup

Steps


  1.   Get your materials 
  2.  set your materials up like the picture
  3.  every 15 minutes record your temp
  4.  write your temp in the chart
  5.   keep doing it until you get to 45 minutes

Findings:

my findings were the thermometer kept on going down instead of going up and my group spilt 2 cups












Time 
Cup 1
White
Cup 2
Black
Cup 3
Tinfoil
0
16,c16,c16,c
15
17,c18,c17,c
30



45



Conclusion










Activity:

In pairs rate the livability of coal vs solar energy.

Comparing Coal energy with Solar energy ( Rate; 1 = poor to 10 = great)

Factor
Solar
Coal
Livability


Sustainability


Accessibility


Cost


Your choice...



Solar Sharing ( from 2040)




Climate Chaos


Title`

Solar energy

Aim

To see what colour attracts the heat from the sun

Hypothesis 

My hypothesis  is that the black is going to attract the most heat

Materials

1.White paper
2.White foam cup
3.Black piece of plastic
4.Clear plastic cup 
5.Black plastic cover
6.Piece of tinfoil
7.Silver cup/ cup covered in tin foil
8.Heat lamp
9.100ms of water in each cup
10.thermometer
11.timer

Steps

1 get your materials
2. Put your plastic sheet ,white paper and your tinfoil and put them on your table
3 put your clear cup and put the black bag cover on it
4 put your other cups on the cloloured material\
5 pour in your water
6 plug in your heat lamp in
7 check the temperature every 5 minutes

Data/Findings

I found that black attracts most heat from the sun
White cup got up to 17,c
The black cup got up to 18,c
The silver cup got up to 17,c


Conclusion

my finding in this experiment state that black is the one that attracts most heat
black plastic helped to the experiment to work because the clear wont work





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.